Friday, January 06, 2006

upgrade

not so long ago, i subconsciously decided to upgrade my life. i'm positive this trend began when i purchased my current car. i have owned and operated five, yes five, cars since i received my drivers license in 1992. the first four, i never would have trusted to make it across town let alone the country. all four cars had broken down at one time or another, be it on a busy interstate or in the middle of rush hour. back then, when your parents were your main source of income, getting it fixed was a reasonable option. when you become the one doling out the cash, you begin to realize your car has become a money pit. so i made the decision to pay the extra money for a dependable car. upgrade.

along with my car, my makeup, clothing and even alcohol have all been upgraded. i'm sure it's all a part of growing up. i still can't see myself spending lavish amounts of money on things i really don't need. but i will spend more than before.

No comments: