Monday, April 21, 2008

friday find

i've been on a mission to find a really ornate frame for as little as possible. i want to refinish it and give it a shabby-chic feel to house some embroidery i've been doing. it's proving to be a difficult task. i hit up three thrift stores and two antique malls and didn't find anything to my liking.

i did make one purchase. a crewel embroidered pillow. i picked it up for $10 and am thinking i can do something that would resemble the isabella fiore handbag i posted a few weeks ago that i absolutely love. i'm finding it difficult to even consider taking a pair of scissors to it. it's so lovely as is. i'll keep it on the back burner for now.

i did end up finding a plain frame on saturday. for now i'll distress it, give it a nice decorative mat and see how it turns out. it's not going to be completely what i wanted, but it'll have to do for now.

3 comments:

Angela V. said...

The pillowcase is gorgeous! I wouldn't want to cut it up either! I sent you an e-mail with pic's of the paper I was able to get ahold of...I don't think it is exactly what you wanted, but there are whales and owls in there! The paper selection wasn't so great, the owner said that they have done about 4 classes using those papers, so they are out for now. I'll keep my eyes open though.

Jen lleras said...

Susan, your email wont work and I want to get together when you come into town. can you email me? jennifer.lleras@gmail.com, thanks!!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that pillow case. I never thought I was a fan of stuff like this but maybe I am!